Friday, January 09, 2009

Radnor Hiking

Yay! It has been my plan for nearly a week now, to get back to Radnor Lake and hike both ridge trails. And I did it! It was 4.5 miles. Way To Go Me!

I had a friend on Facebook who RSVP'd to the Nashville Hiking Meetup group for this SAME hike the same day I already planned this for myself. I simply made sure I got there before 9am and I joined this group!

Both of these ridges take about 2 hours to do, we did it in 1 hour and 53 minutes (and my AHR was 144 btw). It felt FREAKIN' GREAT to be out there. When I left the house it was 25 out, quite chilly. But really, that is just the greatest temp to be out hiking. You get warm and you don't even notice the temp. Of course the slightest bit of wind is felt - and THAT makes things cold. There really wasn't any wind for us this morning and with the sun shining, it felt great.

Just like last week towards the end I can feel it in my hip flexors and whatever that is that runs along the outside of my thighs...

Next week I will join this same group but I won't have time to do all that they do. No biggie, several people had to cut it short this time around just as I will have to do when classes start. I figure depending on how much time I actually have, I would like to walk UP the western side of the South Ridge Trail. At least once, maybe twice... just march on UP, walk down and repeat. this is to really focus on the hard part. I'll see how much time I have and how long it takes. And heck, I was even thinking about doing this group hike in the morning, going to class and then that afternoon doing another hike. We'll see.... I'm probably aiming too high and thinking of doing TOO much. So, we'll see...

No comments: