Wednesday, January 14, 2009

2.5+ mile hike

Yay! This morning I got to Edwin Warner Park and I did the Harpeth Woods Trail. It was 21 when I left the house and 27 when I started out. I wore many layers and I was fine. IT FELT GREAT.

This was a new trail for me, and the way I approached it was fine, but this trail has several places to start it, so I will definitely mix it up. I think next time I want to start by the Owl something or other loop, there's parking there.

I thought all the woodpeckers I saw on the west side of the hill was going to be the highlight of my day. But no, something better came into my life after the hike. BOOTS!

After my hike and stopping at my school to pick up a textbook before classes start tomorrow, I went to Cumberland Transit and got my first pair of hiking boots. Woooo-hooooooo! I did as the guy who sold them to me suggested, take them to the gym where I can walk in them on a treadmill for 20 minutes to make sure they remain as comfortable as I think they are. I can return them as long as they haven't been worn outside. So, I've done that already - AND THESE BOOTS ROCK!!! So comfortable, and they cover my ankle, they look good, have good tread, not heavy, just comfy comfy comfy. I can't wait to take them out on a trail, and to think of ALLLLLLLL the miles I'll do in these babies!!! So FANTASTIC.

No comments: