Saturday, January 17, 2009

Mood Enhancement

So, I was super cranky about 15 minutes after waking up this morning. It's not THAT time of the month or anywhere near it, and nothing specific had happened either - it just GREW and GREW. I was in a rotten mood.

So I managed to get to the gym this afternoon - I wanted to and looked forward to it. Today was a weight lifting day for me, I always like days like that.

I was completely undecided on how long to do cardio for... 30 minutes? my usual 40? 45? what about an hour? I did a few (like 3) intervals and then I adjusted to a slightly faster pace, about 140-150 spm and that kept my heart rate right about where I wanted to maintain it, which was in the 140's... upper 140's actually.

I got to 40 minutes and decided that I was feeling GOOD. I had gotten into that groove, that runner's high had hit me some and I wanted to keep going. I went for 58 minutes and it was awesome!! My AHR for the time was 147 - wtg ME!

Then for the weights, I mixed it up again, heck I don't think I could do the same thing everytime even if I tried (I'm NOT walking around with a clipboard to take notes). I did 2 different exercises for chest, back, biceps, triceps, one shoulder ecercise, four different leg exercises, 2 different ab moves... I think I got it all in and it took 50 minutes. I like weights.

I don't really care for the weights area of the gym Saturday afternoons. Too many young guys, they're buff or on their way to it. There were too many weights left laying around. And this one guy was doing things that made my eyeballs nearly pop out, well, that may be some overstatement but... he was wearing a weightlifting belt, and I guess there's hook or something to attach a chain to, and that chain was looped through a 35lb plate... and he was doing pull-ups with that!! and then I saw him doing tricep dips with that on. CRAZY stuff!!

No comments: