Monday, January 05, 2009

Goin' Strong...

Well, its the first Monday of the year, the gym was pretty busy but not insufferably so.

I did a 30 minute Interval Workout on the Elliptical Trainer.

Then I did my first strength training workout in months. I kept it simple, and just did two different exercises per muscle group. And as I just finished up my shower I realized I skipped my arms, biceps and triceps but I still have dumbbells, I can figure out some exercises to do with them here. I generally use dumbbells at the gym for my arms anyhow.

I'm proud of myself. But I REALLY got to figure out how to keep this a priority when school starts for me again in about 2 weeks. I should have an easier schedule than last semester, I'll have all of Tuesday and Thursday available which will help wonders. As I picked the kids up from the youth room today we walked past the pool and I asked them if they would be interested in going to the pool after school. I told them that we would get to the Y at 4 when the youth room opens, I would workout for 30-40 minutes, we'd get in the pool around 4:45 and then depending on dinner plans we'd get out by 5:30/6-ish. And THAT would give me a chance to double up some time (with the kids AND workout). I should look into the Brentwood Y, I seem to remember they have a fitness swimming class every Wednesday at noon. That would be good for me. Swimmers have great bodies. While I know how to swim, I feel totally clumsy and I'm intimidated with those lap swimmers. So I figure this class could be good for me. I'll look into it.

No comments: