Sunday, January 04, 2009

THE PLAN

OK, time to figure out THE PLAN

Cardio should be priority for losing weight. 5-6 times a week. What I am likely to do depending on how dry the weather is, rollerblade, walk/jog outside, hike, elliptical trainer.

Strength Training - all the muscle groups 2 times a week. At the gym

Yoga - 2 times a week, alternating with the days I'm not Strength Training.

Stretching - a DVD program I have, do this 2 times a week.

_______________________________________________________

Earlier today I ordered two DVDs from Amazon.com. The first is a Yoga for Beginners, it has LOTS of really good reviews, there's 6-7 workouts on it and it should be very good for me. The second is a Yoga stretching DVD, also supposed to be very good. I expect those to show up Wednesday so I can't really build a schedule with those until then. But what I've come up with is this:
I'll see how this will work. As much as I'd like to do cardio every damned day of the week, I know I'll be pushing it too hard if I do that. It feels weird to not have Cardio on the schedule for Wednesday. I do want to hike at least once a week, and I've amazingly looked ahead at the weather forecast for the week, and Friday should be dry (as well as Thursday) it will be chilly but it will be dry.

What are the odds I can get myself out of bed at 5am on weekdays to get a cardio workout in? Good Lord, if I could do that, that would make my schedule SO MUCH EASIER. Maybe I'll try it tomorrow just for kicks. Maybe I can come up with a reward system for getting out of bed early. Like $5 credit towards something I want... I don't know, this will take some thinking.

I'm getting up, I'm going to look for that VHS tape I want to use. Matthew has been given Wii Time for 30 minutes, then I get the tv. We're a one-tv family, did you know?

No comments: