Monday, January 03, 2011

Hike

Too much of a hike.

I'm feeling it in my right knee a bit.

I really wonder if maybe I'm getting a touch of arthritis or something in my right knee.  The last 6 months or so, whenever I get close to overdoing it on anything, I feel it in my right knee.  And while its not a screaming pain, its just bothersome because I'm just not used to such discomforts in my joints.

Well, okay - enough whining about my knee.  I hiked part of the Mossy Ridge Trail at Percy Warner Park.  I'm not sure of the mileage we did (we - I was with the kids) as we only went from the Deep Well parking lot to Dripping Springs, and then we walked back via the ROAD, because the kids insisted it was EASIER.  Not that much "easier" heck!  It was LONGER via the road.  Ugh.  They just wouldn't see it any other way, but what the hell.. I wanted more steps to take anyhow.

We were out there walking for 1 hour and 15 minutes.  My average heart rate was 127 and my peak was 166.  Those hills really get me.  Ugh.  I'm so out of shape.

Today's thoughts about getting smaller - I'll have less issues with things like my knee aching!  Clothes will fit better.

I had a fairly light dinner - a big bowl of my minestrone soup and homemade bread.  A salad wouldn't have been a bad thing.  Oh well.  It was just the dinner I wanted.  :)

and I'm copying these 10 rules from Dr. Yoni Freedhoff, who writes the Weighty Matters blog

  1. Breakfast within 60 minutes of waking up.
  2. Eating every 2-3 hours.
  3. Meals with a minimum of 300 calories for women and 400 calories for men.
  4. Snacks with a minimum of 100 calories for women and 150 calories for men.
  5. 8 or more grams of protein with every meal and snack.
  6. Limit refined/processed foods to the smallest amounts you need to be happy.
  7. Drink only as many calories as you need to enjoy your life (ie. minimize juice, alcohol, sugared beverages, milk etc.)
  8. Exercise for 40 mins or less and all you need is water. Exercise for more than 40 mins and add 100 carb based calories per 40 minute block to be consumed immediately before, during, or immediately after exercise.
  9. No forbidden foods.
  10. Always, always, always, consider the calories of your dietary decisions in the same manner you consider price tags with your purchases.

This list of rules was copied from here - and I will be following these rules.

No comments: