Wednesday, January 05, 2011

10K

Yowza!  It's nearly 930 at night and I have taken over 10,000 steps for the day!  This is a new high!  and I didn't even wear my pedometer for the first hour I was up and about!!  

I felt much better this morning, no more tired body feeling.  I had several plans today - one of which was having a grilled cheese sandwich.  I did.  From a grilled cheese sandwich place in town.  It wasn't my first choice place - and while it was very good, when mine is good mine is better.  But it was a huge indulgence, but it was needed.  It was a really good dose of comfort food.

I made time, I made myself go to the Y and walk for 40 minutes.  Of course I hate the first 10 minutes or so.  Well, actually hated the first 25 minutes or so.  But I got to listening to some good podcasts, and sure enough I start of 17 minute episode when I only have 12 minutes left of treadmill time!  I really contemplated pausing it and going back to listening later, but I finished my workout with continuing to listen.  :)  Sooooo...  I did 46 minutes on the treadmill.  Yay me!  I can't find my HRM wristband (dammit, being a slob is a real PIA sometimes!) but I know my heart rate didn't go much further than the upper 140's - for the most part it was always between 127 and 135.  for 46 minutes!!  That's great!!!  

Except for that grilled cheese sandwich for lunch and accompanying creamy tomato soup... I ate solidly good today.  Whenever fresh blueberries are on sale, I buy them.  And I have a fair amount of sliced almonds... the two of those combined on top of some kind of bran cereal in the morning is YUM-O!  No blueberries, but today I bought a bunch of dried cranberries.  Its so nice to have serious amounts of favorite things on cereal - sure, they make cereals with these things, but the amounts are skimpy.   Oh!  and I got some cottage cheese, the Light and Lively kind I like.  That'll be good with breakfast, or as a snack... who knows... its all about making good choices with food.  And that won't happen unless you have GOOD choices in front of you.  

No more junk food!!!

I still can't believe that I did over 10,000 steps today... 

No comments: