Sunday, August 03, 2008

Sunday at the Y

Well, things worked out just as I wanted them to today. I got the Y after it opened, had a good workout, then met Chris and the kids and then went swimming with the kids for a few hours.

Today I was on the elliptical trainer for 35 minutes. With two 1.5 minute higher intensity intervals. It all felt good. I will definitely need new music for next time.

I used the stair climber machine for the first time!!! WOOOO-HOOOOOO!! I am just so totally excited about climbing Mt. Ranier I can barely stand it. I'm reading more and more about the physical condition they expect you to be in, the best you've ever in your life been in, and I am so there!!! I am going to do this. The rewards are going to be the most awesome thing - I can't wait. There's a lot of climbing in the mean time to do, ha!

I'm starting slow of course... I first aimed for 2 minutes on the stairclimber, but I knew I had a bit more in me so I went for 3 minutes. My heart rate went up to 176 while doing this third minute. Oh boy!! I figure if I can do 3 minutes everyday this week, I'll be good. Next week maybe I can jump this up to 4 or even 5 minutes. We'll see. I can see myself next spring on the stairs with a heavy backpack on. Woo-weeeeeeee! This will be FUN!!! I love a good challenge.

I'm also thinking more about the marathon, I really think it will be a good complement to mountain climbing training. I just gotta worry about time... and hey, guess what? I have time to figure out how much time I'll have! hahahah! I should realize by the end of September how my schedule feels.

No comments: