Saturday, August 02, 2008

Back in the Saddle Again

Whee!!! After weeks of NO working out, and dwindling energy... I finally got myself back in the gym. I did a solid thirty minutes of cardio on the elliptical trainer and then I did a simple strength training workout (just 2 different exercises for each major muscle group, 2 sets of each, 10-12 reps). We'll see how I feel in the morning. There may be some soreness, but I really wouldn't expect much.

I otherwise have my head filled with positive thoughts about these efforts. I'm totally imagining myself working out 5-6 times a week and doing strength training 2-3 times a week. I CAN STILL LOSE THIRTY POUNDS BY THE END OF THE YEAR!!! I will look and feel great, and I will have a damned good time doing it.

I love my new mp3 player. Having fun music to listen to really made a difference. It was fun. I just gotta figure out the sweaty ear problem with earbuds... #$%#^#$^@!!! my left ear was so sweaty, the earbud wouldn't stay in! What the hell?

No comments: