Wednesday, August 20, 2008

New things comin' my way

Well, I did it. I went to the dentist to have my permanent crown "installed", I opted not to be numbed for that as there was only 2 times it would hurt some for a moment. Having part of your face be numb is only fun when you're under the age of 15. But it hurt like they promised and was a bit achy as I left. I almost talked myself into going home as I left there. But I told myself I could just go for a relatively easy simple walk on the treadmill for 30 minutes. Instead though....

I worked good and hard on the elliptical trainer for 42 minutes! I'm so proud of me. And while I was there I asked about personal training, personal training to complement my goal of climbing Mt. Rainer summer '09. I had seen a trainer there before that I had seen in the paper a few years ago, he, in his late 50's did a Grand Canyon hike rim-to-rim. I spoke with him some as I worked out and at length afterwards!!

And I'm gonna work out with a personal trainer once a week for the next 5 weeks!!!
He'll get me going in the right direction, layout a plan for me to follow and I will make it happen. Once I get a good base established I will probably switch to every other week - where I will get a new workout to follow and of course he'll do his job and make sure I'm doing things the right way.

This will be good, very good! He also leads a hiking group on Saturdays! I REALLY want to get in with that. I should start checking out hiking boots, and maybe take myself on some walks through Percy Warner Park. I could probably get up there by 845 on weekdays, and I'd have about 2 hours before I would need to leave for class which, depending on where I park, would be 15-18 minutes away. This could be a very very good idea!! Tom really stressed that to climb Mt. Rainer I will really need to put on the hiking miles. I wonder how far 2 hours twice a week will get me during the week? and then I could do a bigger/longer hike on the weekends. Hmmmmmmm....

No comments: