Wednesday, May 21, 2008

5-21-08

I got to the Y this afternoon. My goal was to do 20 minutes EACH of the Elliptical Trainer and Treadmill.

But I thought the first 30 seconds on the ET were going to kill me. God! Why was it so hard? I remembered to wear my heart rate monitor (HRM) this time and wowee!! I was upto 150 as I got started! I have no idea what my problem was. I lasted for 10 minutes, I decided that was good enough. I went really slow, I really wanted my heart rate to come down to 135-140... I was just starting out!!! Jeeze! It's not that 150 is an impossible workout, but it'll be a shorter workout and I was aiming for a longer workout this time around.

The gym was low-key and quiet, so I had my pick of machines, and I went to the recumbent bicycle. I knew with my HRM I wouldn't have to put my hands on the handle bars and I could then read with my hands being free. Yay! Seemed like it should have been a good plan but my STUPID pda kept shutting off. Made no sense, it was charged up to 49% which is not a low battery. So I got mad at it and just plugged my headphones into the tv console and then promptly ignored CNN.

So I was on the sitdown bike for 20 minutes, then I went over to this Cross-trainer thing... kind of a modified ET. HR was around 148 and I managed to keep it up that high for 10 minutes on that thing.

Grand total: 40 minutes on machines...

HRM summary: 43 minutes and 142 average heart rate. I'm pleased.

No comments: