Tuesday, July 06, 2010

2 for 2 According to The Plan

Yesterday was Monday, and I did 30 minutes of cardio at the Y as planned.  I intended to keep it easy, and keep my heart rate under 140, but somehow I ended up with an average HR for that time of 149.  Something still doesn't seem right about that - I know for a fact I was under 140 for about as much time I was above 150... so I think my AHR should be lower... but dont' feel like quibbling.

Today the plan was to do a total body strength workout.  While I like working with weights, its been a while.  Again, I told myself to take it easy.  I was maybe 70% through with all that I wanted to do and my energy just crashed, and I really didn't like how I was feeling.  I managed to do a little bit more - so so maybe I did 80% of what I intended to do.  It would have been nice to do more bi and tri work, another shoulder exercise, and at least one more ab exercise.  I was just wiped out and my head felt weird, very weird.  I decided to not push it.

Let's see... I didn't eat more than I needed to last night (although I did have some potato chips because there was just a little bit left in the bag) and I didn't drink anything more than wine with dinner.  Good for me.  I was tired late in the afternoon, but perked up in the evening and was awake until 11.  I slept horribly, waking up for different reasons and being kept awake for yet other reasons.  I had a decent breakfast... but I've learned my lesson this morning.  I need a much better, more solid breakfast on mornings I'm going to lift weights.  ugh!!!

I've just had some cottage cheese and cold pineapple chunks.  Yum!  That has hit the spot nicely.  I've got to remember I'm just starting out again... I've got to take it easier... and I need to remember better what worked for me in the past!  Oh well, its been awhile, I'll learn again.

No comments: